Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Love and Sensibility

In everything in life there should be balance.  Having just recently discovered love for make up and excessively, even obsessively, reading a ton of blogs about every old, new, soon-to-be-released, extra gorgeous (I'm talking about you lovely Guerlain) products and how to use them, it gets so easy to give in to temptation and shop until you can literally drill holes in your wallet/bank account.

I was tempted.

I shopped and shopped some more.

I was conquered by consumerism.

Sad to say, I have lost footing for a couple of months, five to be exact, regarding spending.  Currently, I am re-learning how to gain back self-control before I get to the point of losing financial freedom.  With this I have to start being responsible and sensible about what I take in.  One cannot just keep on breathing in temptation without being tempted.  It is true what is said in Galatians 6:7 that a man reaps what he sows.

  

Don't get me wrong.  Blogging is good and so is make up.  But as a consumer I have to find a healthy balance.  I have made it a resolution to lay down boundaries as to how much information I can take, and how much virtually persuasive photographs I can look at so that I will not set myself up for spending like an insane woman.  I have to take responsibility now.  Because if I don't, in the end too much of these pretty things will cause me to regret it.  Plus, being sensible will give long term satisfaction in life's big picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...